Making Decisions – Cancer Survival Toolbox®
Making Decisions is designed to help you identify how you make decisions, how your style of decision making can work or be improved, and how you can weigh the pros and cons of deciding about cancer treatment.
After listening to this Toolbox program, you will be better prepared to:
- Identify how you prefer to make decisions about cancer and cancer treatment
- Find out the benefits of getting a second opinion to help you make decisions
- Identify how much time you have to make a decision
- Weigh the pros and cons in making a decision about cancer treatment
- Understand that you are an individual, NOT a cancer statistic
Note: PDF links open in new tab
- Taking The Lead
- Types of Decision Makers
- Identifying Your Style
- Weighing The Pros and Cons
- Complementary Therapy
Other Ways to Listen
www.CancerCare.org | (800) 813-4673
A national organization that provides free professional support services to anyone affected by cancer: including people with cancer, caregivers, loved ones and the bereaved. Programs—including counseling and support groups, education, financial assistance, and practical help—are provided by professional oncology social workers free of charge. Counseling and some materials are available in Spanish.
Take Charge of Your Cancer Care
NCCS has made two simple tools to help patients on their journey: The Know Yourself Worksheet and Essential Questions to Ask Your Doctor. These tools encourage communication between patients and doctors and help patients better prepare for their appointments.
Order the Take Charge Toolkit for free in our store »