Survivorship 101 Speakers Bureau
NCCS developed a Survivorship 101 presentation that Speakers can use to educate community members about cancer survivorship and the post-treatment needs of cancer survivors. Speakers can customize the presentation to include their own experience and to reflect the audience, which could include support groups, provider groups, or other community-based organizations.
NCCS will provide the template and training/support to deliver the Survivorship 101 presentation, which includes the following components:
- Share perspective on post-treatment needs of cancer survivors
- Stimulate discussion about what good survivorship care means
- Lay groundwork for improving survivorship care
DEADLINE TO APPLY EXTENDED: FEBRUARY 11, 2019 AT 11:59 PM ET.
A Speaker must be:
- A patient advocate, age 18 or older, who has been touched by cancer.
- A member of the NCCS Cancer Policy and Advocacy Team (CPAT). Not a member? Click here to sign up for free.
- Committed to working at the local level to improve survivorship care.
- View the Survivorship 101 presentation training webinar.
- There is no set time commitment for Speakers, though ideally Speakers will deliver the presentation 2-4 times per year. It’s up to Speakers to identify opportunities/audiences to deliver the Survivorship 101 presentation in their community and provide feedback to NCCS.
- Speaker mentoring/support by NCCS team, brainstorming, and action conference calls.
- Report presentation times and venues, outcomes, evaluations, and action items to NCCS staff.
Preferred Expertise & Composition
Speakers should have lay or general knowledge of survivorship care. They should also have connections with individuals and/or institutions in their cancer community to help identify opportunities to deliver Survivorship 101. In addition, Speakers should be timely in communicating with NCCS support staff and other Speakers as necessary.
Any CPAT member can sign up for the Survivorship 101 Speakers Bureau. Please review and submit the form below, including a short narrative bio.
Survivorship 101 Speakers Bureau Sign Up Form
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications must be submitted by February 11, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET.