2020 Elevate Ambassador Program Details
An Ambassador must be:
- A patient advocate, age 18 or older, who has been touched by cancer.
- A member of the NCCS Cancer Policy and Advocacy Team (CPAT). Not a member? Click here to sign up for free.
- Committed to working at the local level to improve survivorship care.
- A resident of the United States of America.
Preferred Expertise & Composition. Ideal Ambassadors have general knowledge of survivorship care and skills to develop and maintain relationships with individuals in order to host presentations and trainings to cancer care teams.
Program and Time Commitment
- Attendance at an in-person training in Washington, D.C in late summer/fall 2020. Travel and lodging for Ambassadors will be paid for by NCCS.
- Monthly learning collaborative calls/webinars with educational topics.
- Mentorship and support by NCCS team.
- Report progress on project plan goals and action items.
- Ambassadors will be encouraged to identify a “sponsor/partner/mentor” who will be a point-of-contact for them and work collaboratively with them. Ambassadors will develop goals, timeline, outcomes, etc. and use this individual as a source of accountability, in addition to NCCS support.