Marketing and Communications Manager
Silver Spring, MD
Posted October 2019
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship is a patient-centered, patient-focused organization advocating for access to the best possible care for all people with cancer. We represent the millions of Americans who share a common experience — the cancer experience — living with, through and beyond a cancer diagnosis.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will guide the strategy and implementation of all marketing, communications, website, social media, public relations and collateral to consistently articulate NCCS’ mission and priorities. The Marketing and Communications Manager will work closely with all members of the organization as a partner to support our fundraising and policy objectives.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic material including but not limited to, NCCS website, Cancer Policy Matters blog, email communications, social media, policy and advocacy updates, patient resources, annual report, program-specific materials, brochures and other collateral material.
- Create online content that engages audience segments and increases NCCS visibility among cancer survivors and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly.
- Manage all aspects of the NCCS social media initiatives and ensure appropriate messaging.
- Partner with development to create fundraising appeals that compliment NCCS messaging and current initiatives.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time and provide analysis of data obtained through web traffic, email engagement, and social media.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Policy, or related field.
- Five or more years’ experience in communications/marketing/PR, preferably for a health care related non-profit.
- Excellent writing abilities and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward-thinker with progressive ideas to communicate messages to a broad audience.
- Knowledge of health policy issues desirable.
- Proficiency in WordPress CMS, plugins, and customizations; MailChimp or Constant Contact; HTML; CSS; eCommerce Systems; Google Analytics; Blackbaud; Adobe Creative Cloud Products; PowerPoint.
- Ability to represent NCCS and to be an effective ambassador for its mission and programs.
- Dedication to cancer survivors.
NCCS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
NCCS is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
Please send a position-specific cover letter and resume to Director of Partnerships and Philanthropy, Elena Jeannotte, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.