One person alone can’t beat cancer – it takes a team. Founded in 2005 by Amgen, Breakaway from Cancer® is a national initiative to increase awareness of important resources available to people affected by cancer — from prevention through survivorship.
Breakaway from Cancer represents a partnership between Amgen and four nonprofit organizations dedicated to empowering patients with education, resources and hope. The Breakaway from Cancer partners collectively offers people affected by cancer with a broad range of support services complementing those provided by a patient’s team of healthcare professionals.
- Amgen is passionate about helping those with cancer. Amgen discovers, develops and delivers vital biotechnology medicines, and has a deeply held mission to serve patients battling serious illness.
- Prevent Cancer Foundation is a national nonprofit organization focused on educating the public about how to prevent cancer and the importance of screening and early detection.
- The Cancer Support Community is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support, education and hope to people affected by cancer.
- Patient Advocate Foundation is a national nonprofit organization that seeks to safeguard patients through effective mediation assuring access to care, maintenance of employment and preservation of their financial stability relative to their diagnosis of life threatening or debilitating diseases.
- The oldest survivor-led organization in the country, National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship is a nonprofit group that advocates quality cancer care for all Americans and provides tools to empower people affected by cancer to advocate for themselves.
The Breakaway from Cancer nonprofit partners are a team of problem solvers here to help you fight cancer, whether you are interested in prevention, facing a new diagnosis, caring for a loved one, or struggling with financial issues. Visit www.breakawayfromcancer.com to learn more.
Patrick Dempsey is raising awareness of the wide range of resources available to help people fight cancer through Breakaway from Cancer.