Manager of Policy and Advocacy
Silver Spring, MD
The National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship is a patient-centered, patient-focused non-profit organization that advocates for quality cancer care and for access to such care. We drive patient-centered policy change to make cancer care better for all cancer survivors and their loved ones: NCCS represents the interests of cancer survivors to Congress, the federal government, payers, policymakers, and all others whose work affects people with cancer. NCCS also regularly convenes various stakeholders in the cancer and health policy arenas to deliberate and to develop policy positions and to undertake collaborative activities focused on improving cancer care.
- To work with the volunteer members of our Cancer Policy and Advocacy Team (CPAT) across the country and to foster CPAT’s growth
- To plan CPAT conference calls, webinars, meetings, and other activities
- To communicate regularly with CPAT members through methods such as e-newsletters
- To help to organize advocacy days on Capitol Hill
- To help to organize Cancer Policy Roundtables
- To update relevant sections of our website
- To write posts for our Cancer Policy Matters blog
- To represent NCCS at various meetings on Capitol Hill, at federal agencies, and held by other organizations in healthcare
- To participate in policy development
- To help communicate NCCS policy activities and priorities to diverse audiences through social media outreach and other avenues
- To perform other duties as needed
Some travel is required.
Experience and Skills
- At least four years of experience in public policy, advocacy, government relations, and/or state and/or federal government
- Experience working with volunteers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- An ability to adapt to fast-breaking policy developments
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Dedication to cancer survivors
NCCS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To apply, send your resume to Christin Engelhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.